Our aim is to ensure that nutritious, affordable, local, sustainably produced food is available for everyone in Devon. We support the development of a localised, sustainable food system and to tackle the issues of food poverty, diet-related ill health, food waste and unsustainable farming practices. Our focus is on achieving strategic, step change across the county.
- Balanced, seeking a range of interests and viewpoints to represent the complexity of the sector
- Transparent, trustworthy and accountable, with clear decision-making procedures
- Generously sharing knowledge, information, experience and skills
- Responsive and approachable, listening to our communities and communicating clearly
- Forward-thinking, positive and optimistic about the potential to create a better future
- Celebrating progress and successes
- Innovative and action-oriented
- Behaving with integrity and declaring and managing any conflicts of interest and loyalty
- Acting with objectivity and fairness
- Taking a whole system approach, understanding how the many different parts inter-link
- Recognising, valuing and integrating the multiple different viewpoints and cultures of the organisations and communities we represent, to generate a collective approach that works best for Devon.
- Welcoming and seeking out diversity in the geographic communities and communities of practice and shared experience relevant to our work
- Adopting an evidence-based approach and seeking to fill gaps in our understanding wherever possible.
- Intervening at the appropriate level to complement the work of existing and proposed programmes and initiatives
- Willing to act with agility and adopt new approaches at pace to achieve our aims
- Connecting people, organisations and activities to maximise the benefits of collaboration
- Focusing on the ultimate impact of our work on consumers and businesses at grass-roots level
- Being open and inclusive, continually questioning in our approach, accepting the emergent nature of the work
- Taking an advocacy role, encouraging other strategic bodies to take action
- Aiming for collective impact by working together, building capacity and helping coordinate resources to best effect / best value