As part of the Food for the Planet project, Sustain is offering grants of up to £5,000 to help communities tackle the nature and climate emergency. The grants will be used to support groups to campaign for local change in the food system. This could include:
- Improving your council’s score in the Every Mouthful Counts report
- Supporting marginalised groups and communities to campaign for food climate justice and tackling racial injustice in the food system
- Encouraging climate-friendly food in public institutions
- Supporting sustainable farming systems through planning policy
- Tackling unfair and unhelpful pricing and advertising of the most climate-damaging foods
Local food partnerships, local authorities, community groups, and campaign groups are all eligible to apply. No match funding is required.
Sustain will be hosting an online introductory workshop at 2pm on 18th January 2023 to discuss the grants in more detail. The deadline for applications is 5pm on 10th February 2023. To register for the workshop or learn more, visit the Sustain website.