Community groups, public, and private landowners in England, Scotland, and Wales can apply for funding to develop or scale-up rewilding projects on land or at sea.
Rewilding Britain is offering grants of up to £15,000 to help foster new and ambitious rewilding projects, or scale-up pre-existing projects, across Britain. The Rewilding Innovation Fund will support rewilding projects on land and at sea, at a scale of more than 40 hectares, that adhere to Rewilding Britain’s rewilding principles.
Funding is for works that could potentially unlock further funding or move a project in scale, such as:
- A carbon capture project.
- A seagrass restoration study.
- A tree seeding experiment.
- Developing a new rewilding strategy.
Funding can cover costs such as:
- Direct interventions, or any expertise that a project requires.
- Business plans and strategies.
- Community engagement activities or co-design.
- Feasibility studies.
- Technological innovations.
Priority will be given to applicants who are taking an innovative approach to land and marine rewilding and can help develop learning and evidence for others within the Rewilding Network.
There is a two-stage application process, and applicants must first become a member of the Rewilding Network before submitting a full application.
The deadline for applications is 14 October 2022.