The SFC programme equips KS3 students with the tools to lead on social action projects to improve the food environment in their schools. Students have the opportunity to:
- Deep-dive into interesting topics such as food injustice and inequality
- Learn to use their voice to make positive changes in their community
- Develop their public speaking, negotiation, and project planning skills
- Take part in citizen science, mapping their school and community
- Transform school food to be more nutritious, delicious, and appealing
- Make a change and have fun while doing so!
Through participating, schools will receive funding, resources, training, support, and access to a network of like minded schools.
Bite Back 2030 is a national charity which seeks to build a movement of young people to campaign for food justice and better access to healthy food.