The UK government’s Seafood Innovation Fund (SIF) is a research and development (R&D) fund that launched in July 2019 and the deadline for applying has been extended.
Deadline: 12pm Friday 14th January
The SIF programme is now part of the UK Seafood Fund.
The SIF programme focuses on:
- delivering longer term, cutting-edge innovation across the seafood sector
- helping to take innovative ideas from early-stage research to commercial viability
The programme includes:
- primary producers
- onshore supply chains
- marine and diadromous fisheries
- marine and land-based aquaculture
However, this programme excludes freshwater and recreational fishing.
Applications are welcome from all sectors.
To be considered for funding you must:
- provide an innovative idea or solution relevant to the seafood sector
- demonstrate long-term sustainability and environmental benefits
- be from an organisation of any size or type
- follow the full submission process correctly
The maximum funding available is £50,000 for projects with a duration of up to five month.
All applications must be submitted via the Bravo procurement portal.